Join the Four Directions Project
Dear IAIA Faculty and Staff,
We need you. Will you help support our students and strengthen our campus community by being a mentor? If so, please sign up by February 3, 2017.
The focus of the Four Directions Project
- Increase positive and diverse relationships in the IAIA community for student mentees and faculty and staff mentors
- Increase participation in campus activities (both on and off campus) by students, faculty, and staff
- Increase IAIA student persistence and retention rates by increasing student engagement and strengthening connection to community
- Provide an additional resource for students who may need or want the extra push to stay in college
You have a unique opportunity as a mentor
- Enlighten students by allowing them to learn from your experiences and challenges
- Foster the skills and success of future artists and scholars
- Develop a sense of pride and a unique connection to our students
What will you do as a mentor?
- Attend a Four Directions Project training on Friday, February 3, 2017 from 1-3pm
- Meet with your mentee at least five times this fall semester (the SSC will host several gatherings throughout the semester, and you are encouraged to attend other events as your schedules allow)
Sign up for the Four Directions Project and answer a short series of questions so that we can pair you with a mentee that most closely matches your interests.