MFASA Public Talks: Finding the Center
The IAIA Master of Fine Arts in Studio Arts (MFASA) program presents Finding the Center, a series of public talks by prominent Indigenous scholars and artists, as part of its 2022 summer residency.
The hour-long talks will be livestreamed July 18–22 on the IAIA website and the official IAIA Facebook page, with the exception of Sky Hopinka’s (Ho-Chunk Nation and Pechanga Band of Luiseño Indians) presentation, which will be in person at The Center for Contemporary Arts (CCA) at 1050 Old Pecos Trail, Santa Fe, NM 87505. Tickets for Hopinka’s presentation can be purchased through the CCA.
Finding the Center Events
- July 18, 4 pm (MDT): Raymond Boisjoly (Haida)—Livestream
- July 19, 5 pm (MDT): Sky Hopinka (Ho-Chunk Nation and Pechanga Band of Luiseño Indians)—In-Person at the CCA
- July 20, 10 am (MDT): Nora Naranjo Morse (Santa Clara Pueblo)—Livestream
- July 20, 2 pm (MDT): Ashley Holland (Cherokee Nation)—Livestream
- July 22, 10 am (MDT): Will Wilson (Diné)—Livestream
- July 22, 5 pm (MDT): Finding the Center Exhibition—In-person at the Balzer Contemporary Edge Gallery
Additionally, the exhibition by first-year MFASA students, Finding the Center: Selected Works From the MFASA Class of 2023, will be open to the public on Friday, July 22, 5–7 pm (MDT), in the Balzer Contemporary Edge Gallery on the IAIA campus at 83 Avan Nu Po Road, Santa Fe, NM 87508.
For more information, please contact MFASA Director Mario A. Caro (Colombian Mestizo) at firstname.lastname@example.org.