Student Life Dean
Welcome to Student Life at the Institute of American Indian Arts (IAIA). We focus on student development and learning experiences outside the classroom through our programs and services. Student Life provides students opportunities to connect with the campus, leaders, peers and the community at large, and fostering skills for the future.
As the Dean of Students, I value the diversity of our student body and my office tries to meet the students’ needs by providing a variety of services, programs, information and opportunities. I oversee residential housing, family housing, counseling, student activities, student clubs and organizations.
In addition, I am the Title IX Coordinator on campus and I address issues of discrimination, harassment, including sex violence, and retaliation. Specific policies can be found in the IAIA Student Handbook on the following:
- IAIA Alcohol and Drug Policy
- IAIA Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Policy
- IAIA Sexual Violence Prevention and Education Statement
We welcome you to join our community in honoring the following:
- We respect and value cultural & individual diversity.
- We honor honesty, integrity, creativity, originality, knowledge; skill and excellence.
- We encourage personal expression and communal dialogue.
- We promote self-determination as innovative individuals and members of an international indigenous community.
Dean of Students