- This event has passed.
Indigenous Peoples’ Day at MoCNA
Mon, October 11, 2021, 11:00 am–5:00 pm| Free
Join us for Indigenous Peoples’ Day at the IAIA Museum of Contemporary Native Arts (MoCNA). There will be a series of public programs, including a hoop dance performance by Lightning Boy Foundation, Inc., and we’ll be offering free admission and a 15% discount at the Museum Store during the day-long event. Let’s come together to celebrate and honor the past, present, and future of Indigenous peoples. (Note: IAIA requests that all visitors for public events be fully vaccinated and wear face coverings.)
- 11:00 am–12:00 pm: Walk-in tours of Exposure exhibition with MoCNA docents
- 11:00 am–3:00 pm: Printmaking demonstration with artist Rebecca Lee Kunz (Cherokee Nation) in the Museum Store
- 12:00 pm–1:00 pm: Walk-in tours of Exposure exhibition with MoCNA docents
- 1:00 pm–1:30 pm: Hoop Dance performance by Lightning Boy Foundation, Inc., in the MoCNA Art Park
- 2:00 pm–3:00 pm: Pueblo stories with Cactus Eddie (Isleta Pueblo) in the Museum Store
Please visit our Facebook and Instagram platforms to stay up-to-date with the latest news. To learn more about Indigenous Peoples’ Day, download Illuminative’s Indigenous Peoples’ Day Toolkit. For more information, please contact MoCNA Senior Manager of Museum Education Winoka Yepa (Diné) at (505) 428-5907 or firstname.lastname@example.org.