Student employment is a rewarding way to earn extra money while developing valuable work skills, making new friends, and working around a class schedule. Research shows that students who work on campus at least ten to fifteen hours per week have higher success and graduation rates than those students who do not work on campus. At IAIA where community is valued, hiring a student promotes a sense of belonging for the student and helps the student develop career skills.
All currently enrolled students are eligible to apply. Qualifications are listed in each job position.
5-Step Student Application Process
- Print the IAIA Student Employment Agreement or obtain it from internship and Career Director in the Student Success Center (SSC).
- Take the Student Employment Agreement to the Financial Aid Director to verify eligibility.
- Contact the department supervisor listed in the job description; inform them of your interest in the position; and be prepared to interview for the position in which you are applying for. Most departments will require an interview and may ask for a resume. Remember to always dress appropriately for an interview.
- Only upon offer of the position, you and the supervisor sign the Student Employment Agreement.
- Take the Student Employment Agreement to Human Resources in the Lloyd Kiva New Welcome Center to complete hiring process Monday through Friday from 8 am–4 pm. Please contact Human Resources at (505) 424-2329 for a complete list of acceptable Proof of Identity and Proof of Work Eligibility documents. Human Resources will let you know when you can begin working.
Important Note: Student may begin work only after Step 5 is completed.
Student Employment Timeline
|Jan. 15||Email job descriptions to Internship and Career Director by 5 pm|
|Jan. 21||Student may begin applying for work-study positions|
Student and Supervisor Documents
|Student Employment Agreement|
|IAIA Student Work-Study Manual|
|IAIA Student Job Description Template|
|IAIA Work-Study Policies and Procedures for Supervisors|
|IAIA Work-Study Termination Form|
Student Positions (Non Work-Study)
Current IAIA Students can apply for the positions listed here. Fill out the IAIA Employment Application and for questions, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for all Non Work-Study positions.
|Summer Bridge Mentor Supervisor||Open||49|
|Summer Bridge New Freshmen Mentor||Open||54|
Student Positions (Work-Study)
|Academic Technology Academic Tech Assistant||Closed||61|
|Academic Technology CINE Lab Monitor and Tutor||Closed||44|
|Academic Technology Tech Tutor||Closed||50|
|Advancement Office Assistant||Closed||61|
|Balzer Contemporary Edge Gallery Assistant||Closed||57|
|Continuing Education Student Worker||Closed||71|
|Dome Assistant Monitor||Closed||37|
|Ethnobotany Lab and Sustainability Assistant||Closed||39|
|Fab Lab Monitor||Closed||59|
|Fitness Center Attendant||Closed||72|
|Museum Collections Student Worker||Closed||61|
|Museum Studies Department Assistant||Closed||50|
|Office of the President Office Assistant||Closed||45|
|Painting and Drawing Studio Assistant||Closed||57|
|Performing Arts Student Support||Closed||87|
|Printmaking Studio Monitor||Closed||33|
|Studio Arts Student Fashion Model||Closed||51|
Internship and Career Director
Student Success Center
P (505) 424-2319