Student employment is a rewarding way to earn extra money while developing valuable work skills, making new friends, and working around a class schedule. Research shows that students who work on campus at least ten to fifteen hours per week have higher success and graduation rates than those students who do not work on campus. At IAIA where community is valued, hiring a student promotes a sense of belonging for the student and helps the student develop career skills.
All currently enrolled students are eligible to apply. Qualifications are listed in each job position.
5-Step Student Application Process
- Print the IAIA Student Employment Application or obtain it from Internship and Career Director in the Student Success Center (SSC).
- Take application to Financial Aid Director to verify eligibility.
- Contact the hiring department listed in the job description and set up an interview. Student may interview for more than one position.
- Upon offer of the position, have the Supervisor sign the application.
- Take application to Human Resources in the Lloyd Kiva New Welcome Center to complete I-9 and W-4 documents. Human Resources will accept new hire paperwork Monday through Friday from 8 am–4 pm. Please contact Human Resources at (505) 424-2329 for a complete list of acceptable Proof of Identity and Proof of Work Eligibility documents.
Important Note: Student may begin work only after Step 5 is completed.
Student Employment Timeline
|Aug. 16||Department job descriptions due to Internship and Career Director, SSC|
|Aug. 20||Job descriptions available for viewing|
|Aug. 20||Students may begin applying for work-study positions|
Student and Supervisor Documents
|IAIA Student Employment Application|
|IAIA Student Work-Study Manual|
|IAIA Student Job Description Template|
|IAIA Work-Study Policies and Procedures for Supervisors|
|IAIA Work-Study Termination Form|
Student Positions (Non Work-Study)
Current IAIA Students can apply for the positions listed here. Fill out the IAIA Employment Application and for questions, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for all Non Work-Study positions.
|MFA in Creative Writing Student Assistant||Open||8|
Student Positions (Work-Study)
Internship and Career Director
Student Success Center
P (505) 424-2319