Student employment is a rewarding way to earn extra money while developing valuable work skills, making new friends, and working around a class schedule. Research shows that students who work on campus at least ten to fifteen hours per week have higher success and graduation rates than those students who do not work on campus. At IAIA where community is valued, hiring a student promotes a sense of belonging for the student and helps the student develop career skills.
If you are interested in obtaining a work-study position while enrolled at IAIA, view the array of positions below, then follow the easy 5-step application process to complete your application.
5-Step Student Application Process
- Print the IAIA Student Employment Application IAIA Student Employment Application or obtain it from Career Advisor in the Student Success Center (SSC).
- Take application to Financial Aid Director to verify eligibility.
- Contact the hiring department listed in the job description and set up an interview. Student may interview for more than one position.
- Upon offer of the position, have the Supervisor sign the application.
- Take application to Human Resources in the Lloyd Kiva New Welcome Center to complete I-9 and W-4 documents. Human Resources will accept new hire paperwork Monday through Friday from 8 am–4 pm. Please contact Human Resources at (505) 424-2329 for a complete list of acceptable Proof of Identity and Proof of Work Eligibility documents.
Important Note: Student may begin work only after Step 5 is completed.
Student Employment Timeline
|Jan. 13||Job descriptions due to Career Advisor|
|Jan. 17||Work-study applications, forms, and approved job description available|
|Jan. 17–20||First week of classes|
|Jan. 23||Student must secure a job|
|Jan. 27||Final day for student to secure a job as per Federal and State work-study policy|
Student and Supervisor Documents
|IAIA Student Employment Application|
|IAIA Student Work-Study Manual|
|IAIA Student Job Description Template|
|IAIA Work-Study Policies and Procedures for Supervisors|