Student employment is a rewarding way to earn extra money while developing valuable work skills, making new friends, and working around a class schedule. Research shows that students who work on campus at least ten to fifteen hours per week have higher success and graduation rates than those students who do not work on campus. At IAIA where community is valued, hiring a student promotes a sense of belonging for the student and helps the student develop career skills.
If you are interested in obtaining a Work-Study position while enrolled at IAIA, view the array of positions below, then follow the easy 5-step application process to complete your application.
5-Step Student Application Process
- Print the IAIA Student Employment Application or obtain it from Advising Director in the Student Success Center (SSC).
- Take application to Financial Aid Director to verify eligibility.
- Contact the hiring department listed in the job description and set up an interview. Student may interview for more than one position.
- Upon offer of the position, have the Supervisor sign the application.
- Take application to Human Resources in the Lloyd Kiva New Welcome Center to complete I-9 and W-4 documents. Human Resources will accept new hire paperwork Monday through Friday from 8 am–4 pm. Please contact Human Resources at (505) 424-2329 for a complete list of acceptable Proof of Identity and Proof of Work Eligibility documents.
Important Note: Student may begin work only after Step 5 is completed.
Student Employment Timeline
|Jan. 11||Job descriptions due to Advising Director, SSC|
|Jan. 16||Work-Study applications and approved job description available|
|Jan. 26||Final day to secure a job as per Federal and State Work-Study policy|
Student and Supervisor Documents
|IAIA Student Employment Application|
|IAIA Student Work-Study Manual|
|IAIA Student Job Description Template|
|IAIA Work-Study Policies and Procedures for Supervisors|
|IAIA Work-Study Termination Form|
Student Positions (Non Work-Study)
Current IAIA Students can apply for the positions listed here. Fill out the IAIA Employment Application and for questions, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com for all Non Work-Study positions.
|New Freshmen Bridge Mentor||Closed||86|
|Student Success Center Assistant||Closed||74|
Student Positions (Work-Study)
Student Positions (Work-Study)
|Student Off-Campus Tutor or Mentor||Open||31|
|Performing Arts and Fitness Center Student Support Technician||Closed||96|
|Art History Department Assistant||Closed||81|
|Campus Bookstore Temporary Worker||Closed||112|
|Digital Dome Research Assistant||Closed||105|
|Performing Arts and Fitness Center Student Monitor Stage Asst.||Closed||111|
|MatchNM Mentors Off-Campus Work-Study||Closed||95|
|Painting Drawing Studio Assistant||Closed||97|
|Performing Arts and Fitness Center Receptionist||Closed||121|
|Student Success Center Assistant||Closed||119|
|Facilities Student Worker||Closed||91|
|Fine Arts 3D Studio Monitor||Closed||130|
|Studio Arts Fab Lab Monitor||Closed||80|
|Student Success Center Retention Assistant||Closed||114|
Internship and Career Director
Student Success Center
P (505) 424-2319