Federal Tribes Represented

Credits Registered

Enrollment

US States Represented

“My time here at IAIA has helped me realize that art, in its varied forms, is the most important thing in my life.”

William R. Thoms

(Confederated Tribes of Chehalis Reservation)

“IAIA has helped me open doors to my creative and artistic abilities without boundaries. After I graduate, I want to give back to my community by sharing the knowledge I had gained from IAIA.”

Kristin Kaye

(Diné)

“The courses offered through IAIA and the Studio Arts department have expanded my advancement as a professional artist.”

Amanda Beardsley

(Hopi, Laguna Pueblo, and Choctaw)

Upcoming Events

View upcoming and past events from the Institute of American Indian Arts. View all event listings

2015_08_19_iaia_scholarship_art_auction_gala_049_a_w_sq

IAIA Annual Scholarship Dinner and Auction

August 17, 5:00 pm10:00 pm

IAIA is proud to present its annual Scholarship Dinner and Auction at La Fonda on the Plaza on Wednesday, August 17, 2016. This event raises critically needed scholarship funds that assist our students in reaching their academic and artistic goals. Last year’s event raised more than $170,000. Our guests had the chance to mingle with noted artists and IAIA students—and acquire some extraordinary art. Please become a sponsor of the event. The event sells out every year—get your…

2016_05_27_iaia_museum_store_001_w_sq

Museum Shop 2016 Summer Sale

July 30, 10:00 am5:00 pm

Find that perfect gift for family, friends, or just yourself at the Museum Shop 2016 Summer Sale. This shopping event offers discounts on the finest contemporary Native American artwork. Non-members will save 10% on most items* while IAIA Museum of Contemporary Native Arts (MoCNA) members save an additional 10% on purchases, for a total of 20% in savings. *Previously discounted items are ineligible for additional discounts. Photographic Views

2016_05_27_iaia_museum_store_023_w_sq

Museum Shop 2016 Summer Sale (Day 2)

July 31, 12:00 pm5:00 pm

Find that perfect gift for family, friends, or just yourself at the Museum Shop 2016 Summer Sale. This shopping event offers discounts on the finest contemporary Native American artwork. Non-members will save 10% on most items* while IAIA Museum of Contemporary Native Arts (MoCNA) members save an additional 10% on purchases, for a total of 20% in savings. *Previously discounted items are ineligible for additional discounts. Photographic Views

Rick Bartow: Things You Know But Cannot Explain—Opening Reception

August 18, 5:00 pm7:00 pm

Organized by the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art at the University of Oregon, the exhibition represents 40 years of work by the Native American artist. More than 120 paintings, drawings, sculptures, and prints will be on view in “Rick Bartow: Things You Know But Cannot Explain,” a major retrospective exhibition organized by the Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art (JSMA) at the University of Oregon. From Nothing Coyote Creates Himself, 2004Wood, metal, 41 x 84 x 16…

2015_08_21_iaia_alumni_lunch_026_bw_a_w_sq

2016 IAIA Alumni Lunch During Indian Market

August 19, 12:00 pm1:00 pm

This year’s IAIA Alumni lunch during Indian Market will take place on Friday, August 19, 2016, at 12 pm at the IAIA Museum of Contemporary Native Arts (MoCNA) in downtown Santa Fe—mark your calendars! Last year we had over 45 alumni attend. IAIA Alumni during the 2015 Alumni lunch

Latest News

The most recent news, press releases, and updates from the Institute of American Indian Arts. View all news listings

2016 Summer Writers Festival

The Institute of American Indian Arts’ (IAIA) Low Residency MFA in Creative Writing presents the Summer Writers Festival on July 23 through July 30, 2016. Readings by noted authors will take place each night beginning at 6 pm in the Auditorium in the...

read more

2016 IAIA Alumni Council Election

The IAIA Alumni Council is having an election this August for three (3) open seats. The Alumni Council’s mission is to foster communication and engagement between the alumni and their alma mater, support IAIA’s goals, and offer a collective alumni...

read more

College Catalog

Information about the academic calendar, admissions, financial aid, and more.

Tuition

Tuition and general information about fees.

Housing

There are two options for housing at IAIA—the Residence Center and our Family Housing apartments. Each area is accessible to students with disabilities.

Look No Further. Get Started Today. Be IAIA.

Apply Today
IAIA-icon-7466-Turquoise

Subscribe to IAIA’s Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from IAIA.

Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter.