In an effort to prepare students to thrive at the Institute of American Indian Arts (IAIA), we require that all incoming degree seeking students take the self-designed* Math, English, and Technology proficiency placement tests.
About Placement Testing
- Placement testing is free to IAIA applicants
- Testing will occur online (in-person upon request)
- Each test is self-paced and will take approximately two hours to complete
- Spring 2022 Placement Testing will occur December 1, 2021–January 16, 2022 (December 1, 2021–January 23, 2022 for TECH101 test-out)
- Results will be available to students and advisors in the week following completion of each test
- Transfer student with applicable college level MATH, ENGL, or TECH transfer credits will be notified if a test is not required
- Test scores will help IAIA determine placement in General Education courses which will also determine how long it may take to complete your degree
For questions about placement testing, please contact the IAIA Placement Testing Team at [email protected]. *IAIA-designed placement tests are for IAIA use only and scores are not transferable to other institutions.