Business and Entrepreneurship (Certificate)
The IAIA Business and Entrepreneurship Certificate program prepares students for financial and business success by providing the relevant courses in the operations and practices of art related businesses. Our courses are geared towards artists and other creative people who want the independence of managing their art and the art of others as the foundation for a successful career.
We teach practical information to be applied right away. All professors have both business and teaching experience, and we strive to make courses engaging, exciting, and, most of all, relevant to students’ needs as future and current art professionals. The program is 24 credits and can be completed in two semesters.
This program covers a variety of art business related topics including: personal finance, marketing, business communication, accounting basics, small business management and entrepreneurship, the business of art, online marketing, and sustainability in business.
The IAIA Business and Entrepreneurship Program is tailored to address the specific needs of art professionals by instilling confidence, fostering personal growth, and enhancing leadership skills in the arts. Business and Entrepreneurship Program graduates gain skills that enable them to make a greater economic contribution; enriching and benefitting not only their own families and tribes, but also the larger art world.
IAIA’s Business and Entrepreneurship Program provides education about money, business, and entrepreneurship. Our overall goal is to help instill confidence, foster personal growth, and enhance leadership skills in business that are critical for building the next generation of sustainable art business leaders. We empower this philosophy by:
- Providing a foundation for success in business and self-employment
- Promoting financial and business literacy and economic empowerment
- Building knowledge and experience in business skills for creating and running art businesses
- Supporting and encouraging leadership, initiative, professionalism, and presentation skills
- Increasing entrepreneurship in Indigenous Communities
At the end of the Business Certificate students will have the skills and knowledge to:
- Develop organizational strategies for art related businesses
- Identify target audiences
- Conduct market research and implement a marketing plan
- Execute sound financial planning and budgeting
- Provide written and oral business presentations