It is my pleasure to welcome you to the Institute of American Indian Arts (IAIA) and to commend you for pursuing a higher education degree.
IAIA is a unique tribal college in that it is chartered by the United States Congress to empower creativity and leadership in Native arts and cultures through higher education, lifelong learning, and outreach. IAIA is accredited by both the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
IAIA offers a variety of AA, AFA, BA, and BFA degree programs—along with an MFA in Creative Writing. IAIA also offers numerous certificate programs including Business and Entrepreneurship.
In addition to our strong academic program, IAIA also operates the Museum of Contemporary Native Arts (MoCNA) in downtown Santa Fe—home to the magnificent National Collection of Contemporary Native Art. With close to 8,000 pieces of artwork, this is largest collection of contemporary artwork in the world.
As a 1994 Tribal College and Land-Grant institution, IAIA is also responsible for promoting and strengthening New Mexico tribal programs in the area of food and agricultural science. We accomplish this through programs in education, extension, research, and community outreach.
Many of the country’s most illustrious contemporary Native American artists, poets, writers, musicians, and cultural leaders are IAIA alumni—while others are affiliated with IAIA as faculty, staff, visiting artists, and scholars. These renown artists include Lloyd Kiva New, Sherman Alexie, Dan Namingha, Fritz Scholder, David Bradley, Doug Hyde, Allan Houser, Charles Loloma, Otellie Loloma, Earl Biss, T.C. Cannon, Sheldon Peters Wolfchild, Darren Vigil Gray, Sherwin Bitsui, Rose Simpson, Patty Harjo, Bill Prokopiof, Kevin Red Star, Joy Harjo, Irvin Morris, Charlene Teters, and Nocona Burgess, just to name a few!
And with a diverse community of Native and non-Native students, faculty, and staff, IAIA is committed to promoting tolerance and acceptance—along with fostering a culture of inclusion and empowerment for all.
I ask you to consider attending IAIA or join with me in supporting our vision, mission, programs, and students with your time, resources, and goodwill. I am truly grateful for your interest in IAIA.
Wado (Thank You)
Dr. Robert Martin (Cherokee Nation)
Current IAIA College Catalog
- Download and view the 2017 Spring and Summer IAIA College Catalog (4 MB, downloaded 996 times)
Previous IAIA College Catalogs
- Download and view the 2016 Fall IAIA College Catalog (4 MB, downloaded 133 times)
- Download and view the 2016–2017 IAIA College Catalog (3 MB, downloaded 1201 times)
- Download and view the 2015–2016 IAIA College Catalog (2 MB, downloaded 2078 times)
- Download and view the 2014–2015 IAIA College Catalog (5 MB, downloaded 269 times)
- Download and view the 2013–2014 IAIA College Catalog (6 MB, downloaded 177 times)
- Download and view the 2011–2012 IAIA College Catalog (6 MB, downloaded 215 times)
- Download and view the 2010–2011 IAIA College Catalog (4 MB, downloaded 224 times)
Course schedules are maintained on a semester-by-semester basis by EMPOWER, our student information system. The IAIA community can sign in through the IAIA portal to view course schedules or view the course schedule on the EMPOWER website. Otherwise, view the IAIA College Catalog for a listing.