I am pleased to welcome you to the Institute of American Indian Arts (IAIA), and I appreciate the decision you have made to continue your education at our college. IAIA is a fine arts college chartered by the United States Congress to “Empower creativity and leadership in Native arts and cultures through higher education, lifelong learning, and outreach.”
The 2021–2022 academic year will be one of recovery and renewal for each one of us, our home communities, and the world. I want you to know that IAIA will do everything it can to protect your safety and support your academic and personal growth.
IAIA’s commitment to offering high-quality programs is validated by our accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), a regional accreditor.
Our associate and bachelor include programs in the following disciplines—Cinematic Arts and Technology, Creative Writing, Indigenous Liberal Studies, Museum Studies, Performing Arts, and Studio Arts. We also offer certificates in Business and Entrepreneurship, Museum Studies, and Native Art History, and a low-residency Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing. Our newest degree is a Master of Fine Arts in Studio Arts, with students starting for the first time this summer.
IAIA also operates a museum, the IAIA Museum of Contemporary Native Arts (MoCNA), located adjacent to the Santa Fe Plaza, which is the only one in the world focusing exclusively on exhibiting, collecting, and interpreting the most progressive work of Native American artists. The Museum’s collection of 9,000 contemporary Native artworks, housed on the college campus, is the largest and most noteworthy collection in the world.
As a 1994 Tribal College and Land-Grant institution, IAIA is also responsible for promoting and strengthening tribal programs in food and agricultural science. We accomplish this through programs in education, extension, research, and community outreach.
IAIA values the diversity reflected in our community of students, faculty, and staff. We are committed to promoting tolerance and acceptance along with fostering a culture of inclusion and empowerment for all.
A recent IAIA student success initiative, the “15 to Finish—4 for 3 Program,” creates financial incentives to encourage students to complete their degrees in a timely fashion—four years instead of five or more. A senior year tuition and book fee waiver will be awarded to students who maintain satisfactory progress over four years by completing at least 15 credits per semester.
Thank you for joining the IAIA community. The IAIA administration, faculty, and staff are committed to providing you with the support you need to achieve your academic goals. We wish you the best of luck at IAIA.
Wado, (Thank You)
Dr. Robert Martin
Current IAIA College Catalog
- NEW! Download and view the 2021–2022 IAIA College Catalog (11 MB, downloaded 1296 times)
Previous IAIA College Catalogs
- Download and view the 2020–2021 IAIA College Catalog (14 MB, downloaded 2377 times)
- Download and view the 2019–2020 IAIA College Catalog (6 MB, downloaded 3914 times)
- Download and view the 2018–2019 IAIA College Catalog (18 MB, downloaded 5249 times)
- Download and view the 2017–2018 IAIA College Catalog (7 MB, downloaded 4964 times)
- Download and view the 2017 Spring and Summer IAIA College Catalog (4 MB, downloaded 5335 times)
- Download and view the 2016 Fall IAIA College Catalog (4 MB, downloaded 1584 times)
- Download and view the 2016–2017 IAIA College Catalog (3 MB, downloaded 2186 times)
- Download and view the 2015–2016 IAIA College Catalog (2 MB, downloaded 3380 times)
- Download and view the 2014–2015 IAIA College Catalog (5 MB, downloaded 1066 times)
- Download and view the 2013–2014 IAIA College Catalog (6 MB, downloaded 965 times)
- Download and view the 2012–2013 IAIA College Catalog (7 MB, downloaded 757 times)
- Download and view the 2011–2012 IAIA College Catalog (6 MB, downloaded 991 times)
- Download and view the 2010–2011 IAIA College Catalog (4 MB, downloaded 1020 times)
Download and view the current Academic Calendar, as well as future ones.
Course schedules are maintained on a semester-by-semester basis by EMPOWER, our student information system. The IAIA community can sign in through the IAIA portal to view course schedules or view the course schedule on the EMPOWER website. Otherwise, view the IAIA College Catalog for a listing.