New Freshmen Bridge
The Institute of American Indian Arts (IAIA) New Freshmen Bridge (NFB) is a free, three-week, on-campus program available to incoming IAIA Freshmen. Students establish skills for college readiness, leadership, and creativity with dedicated instructors and staff.
- Acceptance into IAIA, from the IAIA Admissions Department, for the Fall 2019 semester
- Complete online application
- NFB application deadline Friday, May 3, 2019
- New Freshmen Bridge takes place July 21–August 9, 2019
Students earn three college credits in rigorous, structured classes including:
- Creative and Critical Inquiry in Higher Education (3 credits)
- College-level English and Math course preparation
- Performing Arts
Participants will also:
- Attend Pueblo cultural events
- Explore Santa Fe and surrounding areas, including visits to artist hotspots such as Meow Wolf and the IAIA Museum of Contemporary Native Arts (MoCNA)
- Participate in movie nights, personal-wellness activities, and attend master class sessions with IAIA’s Artist-in-Residence (A-i-R)
- Foster friendships and work collaboratively with fellow participants
- Gain early access to campus resources including the library and financial aid
Participant costs are paid for by the NFB ($5,000 estimated value). Students pay a one-time $120 housing deposit (refundable).
|New Freshmen Bridge||Costs|
*One-time deposit, required for all IAIA New Freshmen.
Jennifer Love, MFA
P (505) 424-2362
Jay B. Muskett
P (505) 862-1430