New Freshmen Summer Bridge
The IAIA New Freshmen Summer Bridge program for the 2020 session will follow an intensive two week at-home online distance learning module in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The decision to shorten the Summer Bridge program was not made lightly and was in consideration for the well-being and safety of both students, staff, and faculty at IAIA. All classes and events will take place online.
The Institute of American Indian Arts (IAIA) New Freshmen Bridge (NFSB) is a free, three-week, on-campus program available to incoming IAIA Freshmen. Students establish skills for college readiness, leadership, and creativity with dedicated instructors and staff.
Important Note: We are no longer accepting applications.
- Acceptance into IAIA, from the IAIA Admissions Department, for the Fall 2020 semester
- Complete Online Application Form
- Saturday, July 25: Student Check-in Online (Day 1 of Summer Bridge Orientation)
- Sunday, July 26: Student Check-in Online (Day 2 of Summer Bridge Orientation)
- Monday, July 27: First Day of Online Classes
- Friday, August 7: Final Day of Online Classes
- Saturday, August 8: Presentations and Final day of Summer Bridge
- Creative and Critical Inquiry in Higher Education (3 credits)
- Performing Arts
- College-level English and Math course preparation
- Hands on workshops in health and education
Participants will also:
- Attend a Pueblo Feast Day.
- Explore Santa Fe and the surrounding areas, including visits to world famous artist hotspots—Meow Wolf, and the IAIA Museum of Contemporary Native Arts (MoCNA).
- Attend an exclusive film screening, help each other reach dazzling new heights at the SFCC Rope Swing Course, and learn firsthand from master class workshops taught by professional artists on campus.
- Foster friendships and work collaboratively with fellow participants.
- Gain early access to campus resources including the Library, Bookstore, Gym and Weight Room, and Disc Golf Course along with Campus Services such as Financial Aid, Internship and Career Services, the Learning Lab, and the Academic Computer Labs.
|New Freshmen Bridge||Costs|
Jay B. Muskett
Interim Outreach Director
Student Success Center
P (505) 862-1430
Nena Martinez Anaya
Chief Admissions and Student Success Officer
Admissions and Recruitment
P (505) 424-2331