New Freshman Summer Bridge Program
The Institute of American Indian Arts (IAIA) New Freshman Bridge (NFSB) is a free, three-week, on-campus program available to incoming IAIA Freshmen with no college experience who have been accepted to IAIA for Fall 2021. Students establish skills for college readiness, leadership, and creativity with dedicated instructors and staff. Students will also earn three credits through educational workshops and classes regarding climate change through an Indigenous perspective. Download and view the 2021 IAIA Freshman Summer Bridge Flier
- New Freshman with no college experience who have been accepted to IAIA for Fall 2021.
- Complete Online Application Form
- Must have received the COVID-19 vaccination. (Proof of vaccination is required to live on campus.)
- Complete housing application and submit all housing requirements to the housing office before July 14. For more information regarding the housing documents and application process, please visit www.iaia.edu/housing.
- July 18–August 8, 2021
Students will earn three college credits giving them a head start on their semester as well as get the first opportunity to apply for campus scholarships. Classes include:
- LIBS111 Global Climate Justice Course
- Outdoor workshops with IAIA Land-Grant Program
- Hands on workshops in health and education
Participants will also:
- Move into their dorm rooms early for the Fall 2021 semester.
- Explore Santa Fe and the surrounding areas.
- Foster friendships and work collaboratively with fellow participants.
- Gain early access to campus resources including the Library, Bookstore, Gym and Weight Room, and Disc Golf Course along with Campus Services such as Financial Aid, Internship and Career Services, the Learning Lab, and the Academic Computer Labs.
Participants costs are paid for by the NFSB. Students pay a one-time $120 housing deposit* (refundable).
|New Freshmen Bridge||Costs|
In order to encourage and help our freshmen students prepare for a successful transition for the upcoming semester, the Institute of American Indian Arts (IAIA) is awarding the first 50 freshman students (who have been accepted for Fall 2021) with a $1,000 cash award. Complete the Award Checklist and earn $1,000!
The first 50 Freshman Students that complete the checklist will be automatically awarded the $1,000 cash award the first day of the Summer Bridge Program on July 18, 2021. The funds can be used at the student’s discretion. To apply or learn more about the New Freshman Cash Award, please visit www.iaia.edu/awardchecklist.
Now that you have been accepted for the Fall 2021 Semester, what are the next steps? To learn more about IAIA’s acceptance process and next steps, please visit the Admitted Students web page at www.iaia.edu/admitted.