- This event has passed.
IAIA 2020/2021 BFA Exhibition: Manifesting Our Destinies
Fri, April 23–Sun, October 10
Co-curated by Joseph Maldonado (Tlingit and Ottawa) and Ethan Swearengin (Cherokee Nation), Manifesting Our Destinies highlights artwork that reflects the diverse backgrounds of this year’s IAIA graduating BFA students. The juried show presents the unique voices of emerging artists that share an interest in themes such as resiliency, self-empowerment, and societal acceptance. The artworks reflect how these artists have redefined their cultural heritage by blending contemporary art forms, techniques and materials with traditional Native art influences.
- Nicholas Begay (Diné)
- Leandra Chimal (Mescalero Apache)
- DeAnna Autumn Leaf Suazo (Taos Pueblo/Navajo)
- Jaycee Custer (Diné)
- Daniel Forest (non-affiliated Metis)
- Marissa Izarro (Fort Peck Dakota/Taino)
- Bryson Meyers (Chippewa-Cree)
- Jacob Olascoaga (Tlingit)
- Jen Tiger (Osage)
- Beau Tsa-toke (Kiowa)
- Krista Vanderblomen (Prairie Band Potawatomi)
- Angelo Williams (Salt River Pima/Maricopa)