2021 IAIA Recent Graduate Art Market
IAIA Museum of Contemporary Native Arts (MoCNA) is pleased to announce that the annual Institute of American Indian Arts (IAIA) Recent Graduate Art Market will be happening this year August 21–22, 2021, 7 am–5 pm.
For safety reasons, and due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the number of booths have been reduced by three, making a total of 17 available booths. IAIA recent graduates within the last six years (2016–2021) are eligible to apply for the lottery. The fees will be donated to the Academy of Technology and the Classics’ (ATC) Native American Club. The club was formed in Fall 2020 for middle and high school students at ATC to expand their education and understanding about Native American cultures and to create a space for Native American students to gather, share ideas, and discuss common interests and concerns. Funds raised from the art market will help support the Native American Club’s field trips, guest lectures, events, volunteer work, and activities.
Art Market Eligibility
- Open to all IAIA graduates within the past six years (2016–2021)
- All art disciplines are welcome at the event
- Works for sale must be that of the booth holder(s)
Lottery Selection Process
- The selection process will be held by a public lottery
- There is no fee to submit a lottery selection application
- Lottery selection applications must be submitted by June 4, 2021 at 5 pm (MDT)
- A public lottery drawing will be held on June 8, 2021 by a student volunteer
- Lottery applicants will be notified via email of the drawing results by June 18, 2021
- If necessary, a second lottery drawing will be held to fill booths
- Drawn applicants will be emailed a booth agreement
- A flat $175 fee will be due (with the booth agreement) to secure a booth
- Limited booth spaces available (17)
- All booths will be six feet wide by five feet deep
- A table and two chairs will be provided
- All booths will be placed under the Museum’s portal
- Booth placement will be determined by the organizers (booth requests are not allowed)
- Booth sharing is allowed if all parties are IAIA recent graduates (2016–2021)
For more information, please contact MoCNA Curator of Collections Tatiana Lomahaftewa-Singer at email@example.com or by phone at (505) 428-5899.