IAIA Museum of Contemporary Native Arts Selected as No. 3 Museum by USA TODAY
The Institute of American Indian Arts (IAIA) is pleased to share that USA TODAY 10Best named the IAIA Museum of Contemporary Native Arts (MoCNA) number three in the Readers’ Choice contest for Best Art Museum in the United States. A panel of experts was selected by USA TODAY and partnered with 10Best editors—together, they selected the top twenty nominees, and the top ten were determined by popular vote.
We thank everyone who believes in MoCNA’s mission “to elevate contemporary Indigenous art through exhibitions, collections, programs, partnerships, and new research” and took the time to cast a vote for us.
The top ten winners in the category Best Art Museum are as follows:
- Detroit Institute of Arts, Detroit, Michigan
- American Visionary Art Museum, Baltimore, Maryland
- IAIA Museum of Contemporary Native Arts, Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Andy Warhol Museum, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- National Museum of Wildlife Art, Jackson, Wyoming
- Newfields, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Booth Western Art Museum, Cartersville, Georgia
- Heard Museum, Phoenix, Arizona
- Getty Center, Los Angeles, California
- Museum of International Folk Art, Santa Fe, New Mexico
To learn more about the top ten Best Art Museums, visit USA Today 10Best.
Current and Upcoming MoCNA Exhibitions
A listing of current and upcoming exhibitions at the IAIA Museum of Contemporary Native Arts (MoCNA).
List of Events
The Stories We Carry features contemporary jewelry created by more than 100 Indigenous artists across decades stewarded by the MoCNA permanent collection.
The Art of Jean LaMarr features Jean LaMarr’s colorful and seductive yet hard-hitting satirical artworks challenging long-held cultural stereotypes and preconceptions about Native American people and cultures.