- This event has passed.
2023 Spring IAIA Graduating Senior Exhibition, Memoria: Art as Record—Opening Reception
Thu, April 13, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm| Free
Join us Thursday, April 13, 6–8 pm, at the opening reception for the 2023 Spring IAIA Graduating Senior Exhibition, Memoria: Art as Record, an exhibition at the Balzer Contemporary Edge Gallery representing the culminating achievements of the Spring 2023 graduating BFA in Studio Arts and BFA in Museum Studies students. The exhibition will be on view from April 13 through May 13, 2023. Memoria: Art as Record will feature both conceptually and traditionally informed bodies of work and research developed during the student’s final semester of study and academic experiences. Download and view the Map for 2023 Spring IAIA Graduating Senior Exhibition—Memoria: Art as Record (includes locations and event times).
- Thursday, April 13, 6–8 pm: Opening Reception (Balzer Contemporary Edge Gallery)
- Thursday, April 13–Saturday, May 13: Memoria: Art as Record Exhibition (Balzer Contemporary Edge Gallery)
- Friday, April 21, 9:30 am–12 pm and 1–3 pm: Student Presentations (Auditorium)
- Jennifer Benally (Oneida Nation and Diné)
- Paige Busick (Chickasaw)
- Monique Holiday (Diné)
- Shannon Christy Hooper (Fallon Paiute Shoshone)
- Jontay Kahmakoatayo (Plains Cree)
- Derrell Lopez (Diné)
- Monica Silva Lovato (San Felipe and Santo Domingo Pueblo)
- Alica J. Mteuzi (Caddo, Cheyenne, and Arapaho)
- Emily Schuyler (Oneida Nation of the Thames)
- Brian Taaffe (Taos Pueblo)
- Hannah M. Wolfe-MacPike
The Balzer Contemporary Edge Gallery is in the Academic Building on the IAIA campus just north of the Dance Circle. The reception will be open to the public. A light dinner and refreshments will be served. Free parking is available in the lot south of the Lloyd Kiva New Welcome Center, accessed from the main entrance.