- This event has passed.
IAIA 2017 Summer Bridge Program
Mon, July 10, 2017–Fri, August 4, 2017
The 2017 Summer Bridge Program is for new freshmen admitted to IAIA for the Fall 2017 semester. Incoming freshmen are highly encouraged to participate. During the four week, on-campus program, students will: earn college credit, explore art-related fields, and gain skills for college readiness.
The 2017 Summer Bridge Program is no longer accepting applications.
Students participate in rigorous, structured classes including:
- Creative and Critical Inquiry in Higher Education (2 credits),
- English (preparation for college English placement and courses),
- Math (preparation for college Math placement and courses)
IAIA Summer Bridge Activities
- Attendance at annual Pueblo Feast Days
- Field trips to the IAIA Museum of Contemporary Native Arts (MoCNA) and other important Native American cultural resources
- Hikes in Santa Fe and surrounding areas
- Film Nights
Please note that students are expected to reside on-campus during the entire four weeks. All students accepted into the 2017 Summer Bridge will receive a scholarship that covers summer tuition, on-campus housing, and all meals.
The IAIA Summer Bridge Program is intended for new freshmen, entering IAIA for the Fall 2017 semester, who are interested in getting a jump start on their college courses.
- Must have applied and been admitted to IAIA for Fall 2017 semester
- Must have submitted college placement scores (ACT, SAT, COMPASS or Accuplacer)
- Priority date is May 1, 2017
- Non-refundable $120 housing deposit
- Complete Program Application Form
- Complete Housing Application Forms
Selection is on a first-come basis. The tuition and housing fees for this summer program are waived. However, there will be a one-time $120 housing deposit required. All students accepted into the 2017 Summer Bridge will receive a scholarship that covers summer tuition, on-campus housing, and all meals.
Note: Participants are responsible for the cost of transportation to and from IAIA. Students who travel to IAIA by plane, train, or bus will be picked up at the airport, bus, or train station by IAIA program staff.
For more information, please contact Developmental Education Coordinator Jennifer Love at email@example.com.