- This event has passed.
IAIA 2018 BFA Exhibition—Breaking Ground
Fri, February 9, 2018–Sat, May 12, 2018
The Institute of America Indian Arts’s 2018 BFA thesis exhibition at the IAIA Museum of Contemporary Native Arts showcases the diversity of work created by the artists trained at IAIA. The work of each of the artists chosen to be included in this exhibition is grounded in ideas of personal, political, social, cultural, and historical import and an earnest exploration of the artists’ chosen media. This combination produces works that present each artists’ unique voice, while highlighting some shared concerns.
- Aaron Yazzie (Diné)
- Avis Charley (Dakota/Diné)
- Brandon Varela (Pascua Yaqui Tribe)
- Chad Browneagle (Shoshone Bannock/Spokane)
- David Naranjo (Santa Clara Pueblo)
- Emma DeMarr (Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwe)
- Haley Greenfeather English (Red Lake and Turtle Mountain Chippewa)
- LaShawn Medicine Horn (Yankton Sioux)
- Manuel Ramirez (Otoe-Missouria)
- Vivian Carroll (Cherokee Nation)
- Willow Tomeo (Confederated Tribes of Colville Reservation)