The Information Technology (IT) is responsible for the computing needs of IAIA faculty, students, and staff. IT’s mission is to support and enhance teaching, research, scholarly and creative production, and administration, through the effective management and use of information technology resources. The IT Help Desk hours vary (depending on IT work study student hours) but generally is open at least 30 hours a week to assist students in all aspects of their computer systems.
|No.||Information Technology (Documents)|
|Network, Computer, and Communications Device Acceptable Use Policy (Condensed)|
|Email Acceptable Use Policy (Condensed)|
|IT Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)|
The Information Technology office is open Monday–Friday from 8 am-5 pm (closed for lunch between 12–1 pm). For any requests outside of working hours or weekends, please submit a ticket to email@example.com.
IAIA offers four of its programs via distance learning. Most online courses run via the Canvas platform. Courses include video lectures, textbook and other readings, and online discussions.
- Creative Writing (MFA, Low-Residency)
- Museum Studies (BFA, AFA, Certificate)
- Native American Art History (Certificate)
- Business & Entrepreneurship (Certificate)
Academic Technology also runs our technology tutoring and media checkout programs. Technology tutors offer individual peer tutoring for technology tasks such as using our online learning platforms (Canvas, Digication), formatting papers, organizing files on your computer, using IAIA email, and similar tasks. The IAIA Media Checkout Room provides loans of video, photography, audio, and other media-related equipment.
Minimum Technical Requirements for Online Courses
To complete an online degree program or take courses completely from your home computer, your computer system will need to meet some basic minimum requirements.
- Computer: Less than five years old
- Operating System: Windows 7, 8, or 10, or Mac OS X
- Internet speed: Broadband connection recommended
- Adobe Reader or other PDF reader application
- Word processing software that can save to Word .docx file format (Free installation of Microsoft Word available from your IAIA email account.)
It is highly recommended that you run the latest version of your browser of choice. View the Canvas Browser Support list.
- Safari (MAC OS only)
- Internet Explorer or Edge (Windows OS only)
P (505) 424-2327
P (505) 424-2327
P (505) 424-5731
Instructional Design and Eportfolio Manager
P (505) 424-5797
Joseph “Seph” Turnipseed
Production Resources Technician
P (505) 424-5729