- This event has passed.
Finding the Center: Selected Works From the MFASA Class of 2023
Fri, July 22, 2022, 5:00 pm–7:00 pm
Join the Institute of American Indian Arts (IAIA) on Friday, July 22, 2022 from 5–7 pm (MDT) for Finding the Center: Selected Works From the MFASA Class of 2023. Presented by the IAIA Master of Fine Arts in Studio Arts (MFASA) program, this is an exhibition of work as part of the MFASA 2022 summer residency, which will be made public for one day in the Balzer Contemporary Edge Gallery on the IAIA campus at 83 Avan Nu Po Road, Santa Fe, NM 87508.
Participating MFASA Artists
- Amanda Beardsley (Choctaw, Chickasaw, Laguna, Seneca, Mescalero Apache, Hopi, and German)
- Madelynn Boyiddle-Schoel (Kiowa, Western Delaware, and Scotch-Irish)
- Nika Feldman
- Angélica M. García
- Shane Hendren (Navajo)
- Susanna Mireles-Mankus
- Margarita Paz-Pedro (Mexican-American, Laguna Pueblo, and Santa Clara Pueblo)
- Dominick Porras
- Carmen Selam (Yakama and Comanche)
- Joseph Seymour, Jr. (Squaxin Island and Pueblo of Acoma)
Finding the Center Events
- July 18, 4 pm (MDT): Raymond Boisjoly (Haida) Public Talk—Livestream
- July 19, 5 pm (MDT): Sky Hopinka (Ho-Chunk Nation and Pechanga Band of Luiseño Indians) Public Talk—In-Person at the CCA
- July 20, 10 am (MDT): Nora Naranjo Morse (Santa Clara Pueblo) Public Talk—Livestream
- July 20, 2 pm (MDT): Ashley Holland (Cherokee Nation) Public Talk—Livestream
- July 22, 10 am (MDT): Will Wilson (Diné) Public Talk—Livestream
- July 22, 5 pm (MDT): Finding the Center Exhibition—In-person at the Balzer Contemporary Edge Gallery
For more information, please contact MFASA Director Mario A. Caro (Colombian Mestizo) at firstname.lastname@example.org.