Welcome home IAIA Alumni! As IAIA’s community—alumni, students, faculty, staff, parents, friends, and organizations, we are the product of empowerment and leadership in Native Arts and culture through IAIA’s Higher Education. Being lifelong learners, we strive to inspire, encourage, and support the IAIA community and students. Together, the IAIA network helps empower generations to explore the unknown, launch dreams, and reach new heights throughout one’s own communities, and the world. Connect with alumni and other members in the IAIA community. Leave a legacy. Make a gift. Build a partnership between your organization and IAIA. Shape the future.
IAIA has graduated more than 3,800 students, representing more than 90% of the 562 federally-recognized tribes. More than 20% of IAIA alumni have gone on to earn a graduate degree. Many alumni enjoy successful careers in the arts, right here in Santa Fe.
- Give Back
- COVID-19 Resources
- Alumni Association
- Alumni Council
- Continuing Education
- Social Connections
Contributions, beit sharing your time, expertise, art, or donation, ensures the success of IAIA’s students and its community.
- Time—Committing time as a volunteer at one of the many IAIA happenings helps enrich the campus and also makes for a successful event. Whether it be at the annual Powwow, Winter Art Market, or Commencement, we welcome your help. Please let us know how you would like to share your time with us.
- Expertise—With life come experience, with experience comes knowledge. Please consider sharing your expertise through a workshop, teaching a continuing education course, speaking on a panel, demonstrating skills to our students, or perhaps you have expertise in another area that is not mentioned. We’d love to have you share your knowledge with the IAIA community.
- Art—As an art school, we always love receiving artwork from IAIA Alumni, work that we show in annual IAIA Scholarship Dinner and Auction, at the IAIA Museum of Contemporary Native Arts (MoCNA), the Balzer Contemporary Edge Gallery, or in the IAIA Library.
- Donation—IAIA strives to be there for its students, and to do what we can see them succeed. Helping a student with scholarships is just one of many ways to help contribute to IAIA student success. If you’d like to contribute to IAIA’s scholarship fund, please make a contribution today.
Here is a listing of resources for the general public, and more specifically, IAIA Students. Resources will continue to be added as new pertinent sources become available.
All IAIA Alumni are automatically enrolled into IAIA’s Alumni Association. Membership in the IAIA Alumni Association offers the following benefits.
- Free access to the IAIA Fitness Center
- Alumni checkout privileges with the IAIA Library
- Alumni Newsletter
- Future networking opportunities
- August Alumni Luncheon
- Holiday Art Market eligibility
- Access to alumni lectures
- Access to other alumni relations happenings
The IAIA Alumni Council’s mission is to foster communication and engagement between the alumni and their alma mater, support IAIA’s goals, and offer a collective alumni voice.
The Alumni Council was created to establish a mutually-beneficial relationship between IAIA and its Alumni.
The responsibilities of the Alumni Council are to (a) learn about the current programs and future plans of IAIA and to communicate them to IAIA Alumni, (b) learn about the concerns of IAIA Alumni regarding IAIA and to communicate these concerns to the IAIA community, including, but not limited to the IAIA Board of Trustees, administration, faculty, staff, and students, (c) represent the IAIA Alumni in all appropriate venues, such as meetings of the Board of Trustees, IAIA strategic planning, the nomination of potential Trustees and IAIA Foundation Board meetings, (d) develop IAIA Alumni programs and activities that further the goals of both IAIA and the IAIA Alumni Council, and (e) raise the public profile of IAIA through IAIA Alumni success stories.
- Leanne Campbell ‘13, Council Member
- George Cramer ‘17, Council Member
- Moira Garcia ‘13, Council Member
- Ryan Young ’19 Council Member
- Kendra Greendeer ’14 Council Member
- Marcus Dunn ’11 Council Member
- Manuel Ramirez ’18 Council Member
For more information or questions, please contact [email protected].