Key Facts and Public Documents
IAIA is Unique in All the World—There is no other college like it. Here are some of the key facts about this special place.
- IAIA is the only institution of higher learning in the world dedicated to contemporary Native American art. Read the Enabling Legislation Public Law 99-498 Title XV
- We are the only national center of research, training, and scholarship for Native Americans devoted solely to American Indian and Alaska Native arts and culture, recognized by Congress as “our only Native art form and cultural heritage.” Read the Enabling Legislation Public Law 99-498 Title XV
- IAIA is one of only three Congressionally-chartered schools in the country. Read the Enabling Legislation Public Law 99-498 Title XV
- We are the only school in New Mexico that is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD) to offer Certificates, Associate and Bachelor degrees. IAIA is also accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
- Although the great majority of our students, faculty, and staff are Native American, one does not have to be Native American to attend IAIA or events at IAIA.
Documents about the Institute and its organization.
- Enabling Legislation Public Law 99-498 Title XV
- IAIA Plan ‘22
- IAIA Staff and Faculty Telephone Directory
- 2015 IAIA 2015 Federal Budget Justification
We periodically publish information about the following.
- Student Enrollment Data
- Demographic Data
- Fields of Study
- Student Housing
- Credit Hours by Department
- Degrees Awarded
- Number of Instructors and Staff
Read the IAIA Enrollment Statistics
Dr. William O. Sayre
P (505) 424-2364